Safestack alike example

Truc Nguyen Lam

Mar 9, 2016, 5:44:54 AM3/9/16
to Relacy Race Detector
Hi Dmitry Vyukov,

This example is very hard in terms of bug finding since the error trace is very deep.
I am working on a model checking tool that works on C programs with POSIX threads.
Indeed, your example has been very helpful in developing the tool. I have learnt a lot from experimenting with the example.

Could you please suggest me if there is any other example which is similar to SafeStack?

Many thanks,
Truc

Dmitry Vyukov

Mar 9, 2016, 5:49:38 AM3/9/16
to rel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Truc,

Thank you. Nice to hear. This is the first feedback I ever got on this bug.
But unfortunately I don't remember any other similar examples. In most
cases the "small number of involuntary context switches at right
places" hypothesis indeed holds.

--
Dmitry Vyukov

All about lockfree/waitfree algorithms, multicore, scalability,
parallel computing and related topics:
http://www.1024cores.net

Truc Nguyen Lam

Oct 20, 2016, 7:33:14 AM10/20/16
to Relacy Race Detector
Hi Dmitry,

I would like to ask for your permission to use the Safestack benchmark in the SV-COMP this year.
With your permission, it would be very great for this competition as this benchmark will drive the verifiers to develop more.

In case you allow me to use the file, could you please let me know what is the license applying on it?

Many thanks,
Truc

Dmitry Vyukov

Oct 20, 2016, 11:00:44 AM10/20/16
to Relacy Race Detector
Hi Truc,
Sure, you can use it.
The license is copyleft/code posted on the internet. Also if type it manually, you can disregard any license as licenses don't cover algorithms.
Please post reference to the paper here if it will be open.

Truc Nguyen Lam

Oct 21, 2016, 3:52:46 AM10/21/16
to Relacy Race Detector
Thanks a lot for the explanation.