1024cores

Dmitriy Vyukov

Dec 27, 2010, 1:37:17 PM12/27/10
to Relacy Race Detector
[this is a repost from the lock-free newsgroup]

Hi!

I've setup a new site devoted to synchronization algorithms (lock-
free, wait-free, etc), multicore, concurrency, parallel computations
(HPC), scalable architecture, etc:

http://www.1024cores.net

and an accompanying blog:

http://blog.1024cores.net

So, as of now, this newsgroup is kind of outdated. PLEASE RESUBSCRIBE
to the RSS:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/1024cores
and/or follow the blog. Otherwise YOU CAN MISS NEW COOL LOCK-FREE
ALGORITHMS.

The site is intended to cover a broader range of problems, and to
contain a much better presented materials.

Check out definitions of lock-free, wait-free, obstruction-free,
atomic-free:
http://www.1024cores.net/home/lock-free-algorithms/introduction

Check out what is the most important thing regarding performance/
scalability:
http://www.1024cores.net/home/lock-free-algorithms/first-things-first

Check out an article about fundamentals of memory models (this is an
extended translation of my article in Russian, which I was frequently
asked to translate):
http://www.1024cores.net/home/lock-free-algorithms/so-what-is-a-memory-model-and-how-to-cook-it

There are also some articles about parallel computing (well, actually,
they are my write-ups for Intel Threading Challenge):
http://www.1024cores.net/home/parallel-computing

There are also some other materials, and more importantly I (hope
that) will supplement it with new materials.
Hope you will enjoy it.

--
Dmitriy V'jukov

Igor Solovyov