OUT_OF_RESOURCES

Egor Savostin

Aug 24, 2022, 5:00:32 PM8/24/22
to reikna
Hello everyone I'm facing OUT_OF_RESOURCES when calling get() method when I switch sizes of computational arrays to some great number. My computations involve several  3D arrays, which I index like this:

const int x = get_global_id(2);
const int y = get_global_id(1);
const int z = get_global_id(0);
const int i = x + y * lx + z * pl;

and I call KERNEL like this:

self.sup_prog.multiply_them(self.FNxy_buf, self.mxf_buf,
self.FNyy_buf, self.myf_buf,
self.FNyz_buf, self.mzf_buf,
self.Hdy_buf, global_size = (self.Lz, self.Ly, self.Lx))

but obviously my GPU has even more memory resources, how can I still compute a larger arrays? Am I running out of indexes? Or am I using global memory in the wrong way and should use local?

Bogdan Opanchuk

Aug 29, 2022, 5:08:10 PM8/29/22
to reikna
Hi, sorry for a delayed response. How big is the array you're operating on? Can you show the full kernel, or, ideally a full MRE? (E.g. if you use local/shared memory in the kernel, that can be the resource you're out of)