RN student looking for summer work. Resume tips?

esperanza

Apr 10, 2008, 8:27:57 PM4/10/08
to RN's
Hello,

Background: I've almost completed the first year of a 2-year RN
program. Summer is approaching, and I'm looking for nursing assistant
work on a medical/surgical floor somewhere.

Issue: I'm creating my resume. My strongest experiences are what I've
learned in my rotations and practicing skills at school this year, so
I am going to list those, to show that I have some experience (not
much, but something!!).

Question: How specific I should get when documenting my coursework/
rotations/skills? I just have no idea. I did basic patient care in med/
surg, a pediatric rotation, an OB rotation, and I rotated through
outpatient clinics. Does that say enough? I can do shift assessments,
give shots, meds, baths, make beds--or is that implied?

Humble thanks,
es

Rick Walters

Apr 10, 2008, 9:37:27 PM4/10/08
to regn...@googlegroups.com
What state?

http://mail.yahoo.com

esperanza

Apr 13, 2008, 11:30:21 PM4/13/08
to RN's
California.

On Apr 10, 6:37 pm, Rick Walters <makomagic1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What state?

Rick Walters

Apr 15, 2008, 12:09:50 AM4/15/08
to regn...@googlegroups.com
Too bad- I am the staffing coordinator for a hospital in New York.

esperanza <katalina...@gmail.com> wrote:

California.