blood tests

1 view

Juliane

May 14, 2008, 8:11:18 AM5/14/08
to RN's
Hi there,
I am wondering whether any of you use capillary blood testing in your
practice? I work in a chemotherapy outpatient clinic and would like to
impliment a quality improvement project that enables us to use
capillary blood testing on the day of treatment in the clinic instead
of venous blood testing the day before in the pathology department.

If you are aware of capillary blood testing, I would like to know the
brand/type of machine used to analyse the results, and what results
can be analysed. In particular we would need Hb, WCC including ANC,
Plt, UECs.
thanks
Juliane