Can't find anything in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

cren...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2019, 7:35:42 PM12/24/19
to RegistryFinder
Is this a known bug that I can't find anything in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT? I'm using Registry Finder 2.40.

For example, try "Find what: .bat", "Where to search: Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT", tick all search types, the result has 0 entry. But I can see HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bat is indeed there.

Even though HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT is a symbolic link of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes, if I search .bat in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes I can find the correct entry in no time. It looks like a bug to me.

Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder)

Dec 26, 2019, 2:34:52 PM12/26/19
to RegistryFinder
Thank you for reporting an issue.
I did not hear about such a problem before. Indeed, sounds like a bug.
I will investigate it and let you know about results.

Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder)

Dec 28, 2019, 10:01:14 AM12/28/19
to RegistryFinder
I've fixed the bug in 2.41. Please try it out.

cren...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2019, 1:20:50 PM12/28/19
to RegistryFinder
I can't reproduce the problem in 2.41. Thank you.