bad/long/slow startup time?

Kevin Lepp

Mar 23, 2022, 7:32:09 AM3/23/22
to RegistryFinder
Just curious if this is a problem on my end and/or if something can be done about it?

by comparison, regedit opens instantaneously.  registry finder takes about 30 seconds worth of spinning circle.  easily the worst/most slow opening program on my pc.

i do run the portable version but its on an ssd.  i have a 9900k and 64gb of ram.  its a windows 11 fresh install from about a week ago.

what is causing the incredibly slow load time?

Message has been deleted

Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder)

Mar 23, 2022, 3:25:51 PM3/23/22
to RegistryFinder
This might be caused by the undo history. Specifically, if you have hundreds of entries or some large entries that contain a lot of changes (e.g. import or rename operation).
You may do a quick test: while Registry Finder is not running, rename the UndoHistory folder, say to UndoHistory.bak, and launch Registry Finder. After the test delete the UndoHistory folder (it will be created even if you did not edit the registry), and rename UndoHistory.bak back to UndoHistory.

среда, 23 марта 2022 г. в 14:32:09 UTC+3, Kevin Lepp:
Message has been deleted

Kevin Lepp

Mar 28, 2022, 3:15:59 PM3/28/22
to RegistryFinder

that was the fix.  shortsighted of me to not noticed the "clear on exit" option and not try it out before coming here.  my apologies.  runs like a top now.  had to wipe out 3000 entries lol.