Undo/Redo buggy key restored

Luca L

Aug 31, 2020, 6:36:19 PM8/31/20
to RegistryFinder
Registry Finder 2.46 run as normal or admin user.

I'm in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Snes9x\Capabilities\FileAssociations
1) I delete the value: .zip (REG_SZ) Data: Snes9x.Win32
2) in the bottom History panel I select last action and choose "Redo action"
3) now I try "Undo action"...
... a bogus empty key value: .zip (REG_NONE) appears but it's a ghost item that disappears when I change registry folder and go back to FileAssociations...

It looks buggy and confusing form a user perspective.

Expected: 2 should have been ignored (nonsense to repeat a deletion when the value has already been deleted), and 3 should have just restored the original key.

Luca L

Aug 31, 2020, 7:46:53 PM8/31/20
to RegistryFinder
...another strange behaviour: you can Repeat action over and over and restore the same value 10+ times (even though they are ghosts of the same identical value and will disappear once you change directory and go back)

Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder)

Sep 12, 2020, 2:21:00 AM9/12/20
to RegistryFinder
Fixed in 2.47.

Luca L

Sep 12, 2020, 8:25:25 PM9/12/20
to RegistryFinder
Still ghost values if you do multiple Undo Actions after you deleted that value... 'till you refresh view

Il giorno sabato 12 settembre 2020 alle 08:21:00 UTC+2 Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder) ha scritto:
Fixed in 2.47.

Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder)

Sep 13, 2020, 3:10:09 AM9/13/20
to RegistryFinder
O-okay, I see. Will fix it.

Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder)

Nov 25, 2020, 1:09:15 PM11/25/20
to RegistryFinder
Fixed in 2.48

воскресенье, 13 сентября 2020 г. в 10:10:09 UTC+3, Sergey Filippov (Registry Finder):