How to properly write regex

steffsc...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2013, 6:37:33 PM2/9/13
to re...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I am struggling with an regex for a string like this:

What I would like to achieve is that everything as hostname should be accepted, domain has to match, random string can be anything and the rest has to match again and then after the slash anything can be there.
Here some examples:

the workstation part (a1000 or b1400) is changing, the random string 1 (abcdefghij or bcdefgijkl) is changing and random string 2 (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz or mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl) is changing as well.

I tried some weird stuff but nothing seems to work.

I would really appreciate some guidance in to the right direction. Dont get me wrong, I would never expect anyone to write it for me, if its easy enough I would surely appreciate it, but I want to learn it.

What I like to achieve with this is to filter traffic on a proxy server so only certain logmein.com URLs are accessible.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Stefan