[Stdnt Linux Space] Fwd: FOSS Day at Ashesi University

Dake K. Odzangba

May 1, 2010, 12:10:25 AM5/1/10
to Emmanuel Buamah, Kwedjo Danso, Students Linux Space, godfred ahuma, gh...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: FOSS Day at Ashesi University
Date: Friday, April 30, 2010, 06:41:37 pm
From: Silvia Aimasso <fos...@fossfa.net>
To: linux...@yahoogroups.com
CC: Odzangba Dake <odza...@gmail.com>, Sabra ASANTE <sabra...@gmail.com>,
Benjamin Danso <safo...@gmail.com>, Jhonnel KABIGTING <jhon...@gmail.com>

Dear all,
I hope you are doing well.
I'm glad to read, through this mailing list, that Linux Accra is in the
process of becoming a bigger organisation.
Congratulations!!!

I'm writing you because FOSSFA is organising a FOSS event at Ashesi
University College here in Accra.
You are all invited to come and participate. It'd be great to have some
representatives of Linux Accra during the event.
We'll give you the chance to introduce your association and recruit new
members.
I'm attaching the flyer, please send to all your contacts.
The event will take place on Wednesday 5th May from 9.30AM to 1.30PM at
Ashesi University College, Bldg 3, lecture hall 4

The event will start with the video "Codename: Linux is a good film
about the roots of Linux and the work of the FSF.
We have invited some volunteers that are working with Ubuntu and FOSS in
rural areas of Ghana to tell share their experience.
After that we'll give a short presentation of a list of FOSS
applications.
We'll distribute some free CDs/DVDs and some food of course!!!

Please help with the communication of this event and come along!!!

FOSSWAY has a page on Facebook: http://bit.ly/cxGdUa Please check it
out!!!

Have a great w-e!!!

Silvia

Ms Silvia AIMASSO
FOSSWAY Project Coordinator
The Free Software and Open Source Foundation for Africa (FOSSFA)

Phone: +223 (0)54 138 1910
Email: fos...@fossfa.net
http://www.fossfa.net
http://www.fossway.fossfa.net