Big Saturday for Journalism & Flash!

Roz Duffy

Nov 3, 2009, 10:35:25 AM11/3/09
to refres...@googlegroups.com
Thought some of Refresh Philly would be interested in the Philadelphia Initiative for Journalistic Innovation conference happening this Saturday at Temple University. Our good friends from Technically Philly, including Christopher Wink, panel moderator from last night's Refresh will be there as well as Benjamin Barnett, one of our panelists.

From Technically Philly:
Saturday, November 7th: On Saturday, join Temple University for its Philadelphia Initiative for Journalistic Innovation conference (PHIJI), an event meant to highlight entrepreneurial ideas in journalism. As a partner of the event, Technically Philly will present about using free tools to get your media project off the ground, something we’ve subscribed to wholeheartedly here at our virtual headquarters. Trust us though, we’re much more excited to see presentations from more than a dozen inspiring local entrepreneurial media efforts, and you should be, too. All Day, Students: free; Non-students: $20. North Philadelphia. DETAILS.

Also don't forget that Flash Camp Philly is also this Saturday!
http://flashcamp.pfpaug.org/
Flash Camp Philadelphia is a full-day event featuring top industry experts on the Adobe Flash Platform from both inside and outside Adobe, with a special focus on presenters from the Philadelphia area. Come advance your Flex and Flash skills, meet members of the Adobe team and network with local companies and fellow developers. Sessions will be geared towards developers and designers with little to advanced levels of experience with Flash, Flex and ActionScript and other Adobe technologies. There will be plenty of giveaways, raffles, swag, continental style breakfast and lunch. It should be a blast for everyone in attendance.
Register here: http://flashcamp.pfpaug.org/register/

Have fun everyone!

Roz