Passing on a job opportunity

jessica_clark

Sep 17, 2009, 9:10:51 AM9/17/09
to refreshphilly
From another list I'm on...

Dear friends who are kicking ass and taking names,

Over the past six months, we in the New York State Senate Office of
the CIO have had the unique opportunity to help put New York
government at the forefront of the Gov 2.0 pack. We've launched one
of the most advanced legislative websites in the country, open-sourced
our code, and adopted Creative Commons for our content. Now, from live
streaming Senate and Committee proceedings, to opening up legislation
to public comment before it reaches the floor of the Senate, to
creating a legislative API, we continue to have tremendous
opportunities every day to work directly on making our government more
transparent, efficient, and participatory. Now comes a unique
opportunity for you to join our small team of technologists.

The New York State Senate is seeking a Senior Web Developer to lead
ongoing development of a suite of public and intranet CMS-based
websites and applications. Experience in production class LAMP
environments is a necessity Drupal expertise is a big plus. Design,
usability, and front-end web skills (Javascript, CSS) are desirable,
as is experience with data interchange formats (XML, JSON). A passion
for transparent, efficient, participatory Gov 2.0 government is a big
plus.

Please send your cover letter, resume and any questions to Dean Hill,
Deputy CIO of the NY State Senate, < dhill_at_senate.state.ny.us > or
feel free to email me at < noel_at_noneck.org > on background.

Thanks!
Noel