A site designed for a crowd-source solution

Rodney Degracia

Mar 8, 2010, 4:04:07 PM3/8/10
to refresh...@googlegroups.com

Check out the design of the crowd-source solution to getting Google to invest in Fiber for Baltimore

What do you think of the design? Too simple?

Rodney

Ryan Baham

Mar 8, 2010, 11:33:50 PM3/8/10
to refresh...@googlegroups.com
I actually kinda like it. Like you said its pretty simple but it does get the message across. And in this instance its more about the content, the amount of support they have and the determination that they are showing to get google to recognize them. It looks like they shirked away from the classic "company website" look, and went more like a presentation, as if you could take each segment and put it on its own page and make a power point out of it(haven't seen anything on how App Engine generates its stuff).

--
Ryan Baham

Rodney Degracia

Mar 9, 2010, 12:41:39 PM3/9/10
to refresh...@googlegroups.com

The site http://www.bmorefiber.com/ is a single column, single page site. Would it be better if it were two columns or multiple pages? Would it lose its impact if it were not a single page with one column?

Rodney

Ryan Baham

Mar 9, 2010, 10:48:01 PM3/9/10
to refresh...@googlegroups.com
I actually think it would lose some of its impact. All the info is there for the viewer... now maybe if they wanted to incorporate something like a user comment section or a twitter feed or something thats interactive they should probable look into a multi page layout. But compared to the NOLA site http://www.nolafiber.com/ it does seem to have more going for it in my opinion. Then again this is heavily based on my own preferences. But the nola site def should have picked something other than that katrina flood water brown T_T

--
Ryan Baham
Web Developer