IT positions in Fort Wayne

Jeremy Nelson

Mar 31, 2011, 11:34:32 AM3/31/11
to refreshf...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys - it's been a long time since I posted here or attended a geek dinner as I moved to Indy several years ago to work for a startup as a Sr. Sysadmin and later the Infrastructure manager.  I got married last fall, and my wife and I are looking to move to Fort Wayne in the near future to be closer to family.

Does anyone know of positions that are available in the Fort Wayne area?  I'm looking for an hands-on IT management position, preferably for a small-to-medium-sized firm.  I know a lot of you are programmers, but I figured you might have some contacts in need of a good SysAdmin/IT Manager.

I am strong with Cisco IOS routing/networking, Linux System Administration (Debian / Ubuntu are my distros of choice although I've done quite a bit of work on CentOS/RHEL as well), Fiber Channel SANs and blade servers.  I'm intimately familiar with SAS70 and HIPAA compliance processes, and the security implications of each.  I've completed a lot of successful projects in my current position, including 2 new data center deployments, building and testing failover plans for numerous applications, and managing rapid deployments of new hardware (with an annual hardware budget of approximately $2 million).

I have an MBA and a BS in Computer Engineering, so I'm really looking for something in the management realm. My current position is  I enjoy hands-on work, but I'm really looking for something that's going to also involve long-term project  planning and budgeting rather than just sysadmin-type work.

If you know of positions I might be qualified for, would you mind e-mailing me directly, or giving me a call?

Jeremy Nelson