New Company Launched

David Sanders

Feb 10, 2010, 9:29:55 PM2/10/10
to David Sanders
Hey all, I wanted to fill you in on my latest venture.

Runaway Creations is my new company, started with a good friend of mine of many years, John Talarico.  We are a "micro-game studio" meaning, we're small. :)  We're starting off developing for mobile devices (like the iPhone, iPad and later Android) and on the web in Flash, Silverlight and AJAX.  We will be building casual games and toys, and will be connecting them into the social networking world.

Over the next year I'll be transitioning to the company full time, eventually moving away from the consulting world.  I'm looking forward to a great 2010 when I can finally attack a dream I've had since I was a little kid.

Please spread the word and follow us on twitter for updates as we work on and launch our first project in a couple months.

P.S. if you have talent that might be useful to us, graphics, sound, programming and so on, and might be interested in contracting with us at some later time (when we can pay you :) email me at da...@runawaycreations.com and tell us what you can do.  As we get into larger projects down the road, we'll be relying on the contractor ecosystem for help occasionally.  (But emailing us is no guarantee of future employment. :)

Thanks for your time. Have fun!
Dave

Jeffrey Melton

Feb 11, 2010, 8:56:00 AM2/11/10
to geekdi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a great endeavor. I've had an inkling to learn Objective-C in order to write some generative music apps for iPhone and iPad, so I'd be eager to hear about your progress (tough, I don't code for a living). Cheers and congrats!

--
jeffrey melton | p.o.box 10231 | fort wayne, IN | 46851-0231 | USA

MettaAudio

Feb 11, 2010, 12:28:02 PM2/11/10
to Fort Wayne Geek Dinner
Congrats David. Taking the "follow your dream" plung is an awesome
thing. I'm a music composer here in FW, so if there's anything I can
do to help out, let me know.

Mettaaudio.com

Best of luck!

On Feb 10, 9:29 pm, David Sanders <dsand...@opensoftco.com> wrote:
> Hey all, I wanted to fill you in on my latest venture.
>
> web:http://www.runawaycreations.com
> twitter:http://www.twitter.com/littleblueguy
>
> Runaway Creations is my new company, started with a good friend of mine of
> many years, John Talarico.  We are a "micro-game studio" meaning, we're
> small. :)  We're starting off developing for mobile devices (like the
> iPhone, iPad and later Android) and on the web in Flash, Silverlight and
> AJAX.  We will be building casual games and toys, and will be connecting
> them into the social networking world.
>
> Over the next year I'll be transitioning to the company full time,
> eventually moving away from the consulting world.  I'm looking forward to a
> great 2010 when I can finally attack a dream I've had since I was a little
> kid.
>
> Please spread the word and follow us on twitter for updates as we work on
> and launch our first project in a couple months.
>
> P.S. if you have talent that might be useful to us, graphics, sound,
> programming and so on, and might be interested in contracting with us at
> some later time (when we can pay you :) email me at

> d...@runawaycreations.com and tell us what you can do.  As we get into

MettaAudio

Feb 11, 2010, 12:33:16 PM2/11/10
to Fort Wayne Geek Dinner
Jeffrey, sounds like you and I have something in common. I'm itching
to learn Objective-C too, for some music apps I'd like to make, but
I'm not a coder either. Maybe we do some collaborative learning? Other
than the Stanford iTunes U courses, if you come across any great
resources for noobs, let me know.

John