Screaming Monkeys meetup this Monday

mkri...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2009, 1:43:11 PM10/15/09
to Fort Wayne Geek Dinner
Folks,

In case you haven't heard by now, a new "Web design and development"
focused group started some time last year. The group has regularly
scheduled meetings, with pre-defined topics. The group has a rather
impressive meeting space reserved at the new Innovation Center
extension over by IPFW that allows for presentations. I can't
reiterate this enough. The conference room is really nice with a/v
equipment for presentations.

This month's meeting is happening this coming Monday. Details on the
Screamin Monkeys twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/screaminmonkeys

There is additional information on their site: http://www.screamingmonkeys.org,
though I don't think it has been updated in a while.

I would encourage everyone with interest in the topics to get
involved. If you have ideas for a topic you would either like to see
or would like to present, use the contact form on the site. Topics can
range from Web development tools and languages, to popular sites like
Twitter. It's pretty open.

There has been a good response in the past, and they plan to meet the
third Monday of every month from now on.

Tim and James have done a great job organizing these meetings and
involving local businesses. If you haven't been to one yet, try to
attend Monday. Bring business cards and introduce yourself.

Hope to see everyone there. Typically a group heads out to Granite
City after for a pint as well.
-- Mike