Putting together an NFL Pickem group

David Sanders

Aug 25, 2009, 6:52:09 PM8/25/09
to David Sanders
Sorry that I'm spamming a whole lot of folks on the BCC line tonight - this will be the only email from me about this.

Every couple years I get the desire to do Yahoo's football pickem.  (Basically, fantasy football without all of the work - you just pick the winners each week.)  I was in a really good group many years ago but we've scattered to the winds and I miss it.  I tried holding it last year, but I think only 2-3 of us really stuck with it for more than half the season.  So, I'm spamming a LOT of folks right now in hopes to get a larger group.

I would happily engineer a certain bet amount and winnings each week if someone wants it, but in lieu of that, and to make it simple, I'm considering just putting up a $25 Amazon gift certificate to the overall winner of the league.  (Or larger, and for 2nd and 3rd places if others want to donate too.)  I think putting a minor amount of money on the line over 17 weeks helps make it slightly more competitive. :)

If you are interested at all, please just reply directly back to me (not on the mailing list!) at dsan...@opensoftco.com, with your full name and what email you would like to be signed up with.  I'll gather up all of that, probably make a google group and then shoot out an email with further instructions.

More detail about it from yahoo, here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Cheers