many groups, similar discussions

Bryan J Busch

Aug 19, 2008, 10:31:13 AM8/19/08
to Refresh Dallas
Hey, everybody.

So, there's Refresh Dallas, DFW UPA, and the IxDA Dallas chapter is
trying to get off the ground...

Most of the time, we all care about the same topics. Should we do more
in the way of promoting each others' meetings?

At the very least, I think maybe the Refresh Dallas site can include
something under the "Next Meeting" note. Maybe a sub-section for "You
may also be interested in..."

Ryan Plesko

Aug 19, 2008, 6:24:20 PM8/19/08
to refres...@googlegroups.com
The DFW UPA site has been redesigned and is just waiting on DNS info in order to be moved to a permanent URL. It can be opened up to allow other users to post to the calendar and keep a calendar of everything going on in our world (you can also subscribe to the RSS feed).

Here is the link to the temporary location: http://upa.txsus.com

I think this is a viable option since the upcoming events (on the left) will show the next five upcoming events and a blog post will show more information. We can also update the blog with the slides from the presentation after it happens.

Comments? Thoughts?

Ryan

Ramon Mendias

Aug 19, 2008, 7:30:54 PM8/19/08
to refres...@googlegroups.com
Great job...guys. I think posting each others meetings will prove to be extremly valuable, especially since we're all like-minded professionals working on similar projects.

Kind Regards,

Ramon