Drinks - Tuesday 8th

Drew McLellan

Apr 3, 2008, 5:21:36 PM4/3/08
to Refresh Thames Valley
Hi everyone

I know it's reasonably short notice, but we thought perhaps we'd have
an informal meetup for anyone who can make it from 7pm next Tuesday
evening.

I've tentatively set the venue as The Bear on Maidenhead High Street,
as I know they do reasonable food (for anyone who wants to come direct
from work...). However, I'm not sure what it's like on weekday
evenings, so consider that pencilled until I can check it out.

If you think you might make it along, there's an Upcoming event where
you can sign up.
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/468622/

As I said, I know it's short notice. We will have better planned
events with more opportunity for forward planning, but this might be a
good way to get the ball rolling.

If you can make it, it would be great to see you there.

Drew.

Drew McLellan

Apr 7, 2008, 5:12:38 PM4/7/08
to Refresh Thames Valley
So we went and checked out The Bear after work today, and it seemed
fine. They do food until 8pm.

Rachel Andrew and I will be there from 7pm - hopefully on the sofas to
the left of the bar. Or somewhere.
We look a bit like this: http://flickr.com/photos/cindyli/169158032/
but don't let that put you off.

Feel free to call by at any time - there's a good few of us signed up
on Upcoming. The idea is just to be sociable, get to know a few people
and have a beer or two. Nothing big. If you think you'll be arriving
later on, perhaps drop me a line and I'll send you a phone number in
case we move on.

Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow.

Drew,

On Apr 3, 10:21 pm, Drew McLellan <drew.mclel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I know it's reasonably short notice, but we thought perhaps we'd have
> an informal meetup for anyone who can make it from 7pm next Tuesday
> evening.
>
> I've tentatively set the venue as The Bear on Maidenhead High Street,
> as I know they do reasonable food (for anyone who wants to come direct
> from work...). However, I'm not sure what it's like on weekday
> evenings, so consider that pencilled until I can check it out.
>
> If you think you might make it along, there's an Upcoming event where
> you can sign up.http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/468622/

andi farr

Apr 7, 2008, 6:44:02 PM4/7/08
to refresh-th...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I definitely won't be able to make it tomorrow - prior engagement. Would it be a plan to start organising the next meetup about now, so those of us who live a bit out of the way can make arrangements? Maybe the folks who make it tomorrow could discuss when they think would be a good time, and the rest of us can take it from there? It's just a thought...

Have a great time tomorrow, gutted I can't be there to meet some of you!

Cheers, Andi

Graham Bancroft

Apr 8, 2008, 6:35:23 AM4/8/08
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Drew McLellan <drew.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So we went and checked out The Bear after work today, and it seemed
> fine. They do food until 8pm.
>
> Rachel Andrew and I will be there from 7pm - hopefully on the sofas to
> the left of the bar. Or somewhere.
> We look a bit like this: http://flickr.com/photos/cindyli/169158032/
> but don't let that put you off.
>
> Feel free to call by at any time - there's a good few of us signed up
> on Upcoming. The idea is just to be sociable, get to know a few people
> and have a beer or two. Nothing big. If you think you'll be arriving
> later on, perhaps drop me a line and I'll send you a phone number in
> case we move on.
>
> Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow.

Hi all,

I would love to be there tonight and I'd also like to say that I'm unable
to make it because of my jet-set lifestyle and I just don't know where
I'll be at that time, Paris, New York, Feltham, I just don't know.

That would of course be a huge lie and unfortunately my owner beat
me to it and arranged a girlie night out "ages ago", yeah right, as if
I'd forget.

Anyway, have a super evening and I hope to catch up with you all soon.

Cheers,

Graham

--
Skype: grahambancroft;
AIM: grahambancroft;

Matt Carey

Apr 9, 2008, 6:26:44 AM4/9/08
to Refresh Thames Valley
oh balls!

that serves me right for:

* forgetting to add the RSS of the discussion to my reader
* coming back here more often

so i miss the first event :(

i'll certainly be coming to the next one

matt