.tel anyone?

James

Apr 16, 2009, 2:07:44 PM4/16/09
to Refresh Teesside
So does anyone else think this is a great idea?

http://www.telnic.org

I love the advert too...

I think its a good idea to get a standard way of displaying your
contact information.
http://www.jamesmills.tel

I might now get some business cards with my name, my web address and
my .tel address.... simples ;-)

Sam did come up with a little bit of a problem, nobody else called
James Mills can now use this... but then if your quick you will be ok
and its the same situation as domain names right?

Interested in your thoguhts.

James

Adam Liptrot

Apr 17, 2009, 3:41:42 AM4/17/09
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not entirely sure, didn't we have the same sort of thing with the .me domains? The difference here is the automatic layout, but how long until you can 'upgrade' your account with extra customisation and they become just another blog/website? The good thing is that anyone can do it, there is no outlay beyond the domain and maintenance is minimal.

It'll all depend on uptake though, if not enough people use it, it'll die quickly. As James says if you can't get your full proper name it becomes a lot less appealing.

My concern is that they aren't protecting the email addresses, so these domains will become a all-you-can-eat buffet for spam bots.

Adam

Dan Cave

Apr 17, 2009, 8:43:27 AM4/17/09
to Refresh Teesside