Remote MySQL

1 view

James

Nov 19, 2009, 5:13:53 AM11/19/09
to Refresh Teesside
Hi,

I have cPanel and WHM setup on the server. I am using a remote MySQL
management tool called Navicat (http://www.navicat.com/en/products/
navicat_mysql/mysql_overview.html - awesome tool by the way).

The way our server is setup means that I have to add the IP address of
our office to the 'Remote Database Access Hosts' lists in 'Remote
MySQL' in cPanel for the site I am working on and want to connect to.

This is great for security however I wonder if anyone knows if I can
add our office IP globablly using WHM or something like that so it is
automatically added for all new sites and all current sites?

Cheers,

James

Simon Scarfe

Nov 19, 2009, 8:29:46 AM11/19/09
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried "Additional MySQL Access Hosts" in WHM? You might need to click the link below it to activate on all accounts.

This isn't tested by me, btw - just took a quick look down our WHM installation, that seems to do at least something similar.

Simon Scarfe

http://breakfastdinnertea.co.uk
http://twitter.com/simonscarfe