Pixel Palace events at Tyneside Cinema

Scotty

Aug 26, 2011, 11:54:58 AM8/26/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Next month there's some great Pixel Palace events coming to the
Tyneside Cinema which I though you guys might be interested in:

Self Made (15)
Plus Director Q&A
Tyneside Cinema. Pilgrim Street, Newcastle
Sun 4 September, 3.00pm

Tyneside Cinema and Northern Film & Media present the directorial
debut from acclaimed British conceptual artist Gillian Wearing, an
extraordinary feature made right here in the North East. All at once a
documentary, a social experiment and a performance project, this
incredibly unique film sees Wearing bring together a diverse group
from the British public, all non-actors, and, with the help of Sam
Rumbelow, an experienced acting coach, films them taking part in a
psychological experiment to explore what they would discover about
themselves when acting in particular ways.

What she records proves to be a fascinating portrait of the
individuality of every human being, as they learn, through means such
as relaxation techniques and improvisation, to face up to their fears
and aspects from their past that they’d rather forget. A work of real
originality, capturing the raw emotion of its subjects and leaving you
feeling bowled away by its incredible fusion of reality and fiction.

“Documentary segues into drama, and the film is a lucid, concise
précis of a project of great emotional intensity.” Time Out

Tickets £8.00/£6.95 concessions

2 for 1 Ticket offer
Get 2 tickets for the price of 1* for the Self Made plus Director Q&A
screening on Sunday 4 September, simply quote ‘Self Made Ticket Offer’
when purchasing your tickets from our Box Office.

Ticket holders will also get a complimentary glass of wine at the
screening.

Self Made will be screening at the Tyneside Cinema from Friday 2
September

Box Office: 0845 217 9909

Datarama
Fri 2 September, 7.30pm
The Digital Lounge, Tyneside Cinema
FREE ENTRY

The show and tell session for people who like to make interesting
things returns to the Digital Lounge. Datarama is a unique and
democratic data sharing event hosted by The Polytechnic. At recent
Dataramas we’ve had interactive 3D maps, a php flight simulator, new
music, animation, gadgets, and some very, very nice design. The
Digital Lounge bar will be open too, so come along and prepare to be
dazzled!

www.thepixelpalace.org

Invisible Architectures Presents Fabric I CH
Fri 9 September, 8.00pm-10.00pm
The Figgis Room, FREE ENTRY

Invisible Architectures is a new festival exploring the uncanny and
often hidden dimensions of Newcastle upon Tyne. Fabric | CH are a
group of architects and scientists who will be presenting and talking
about films of recent projects altering peoples’ metabolism by
adjusting their environment!

This fascinating FREE talk and film screening will be followed by a
unique guided walking tour of the city’s nocturnal lighting
environments, exposing their subtle influence upon us as they extend
day into the night.

The Invisible Architectures festival takes place from Friday 9 –
Sunday 11 September. For more information visit subliminalcity.co.uk.

www.tynesidecinema.co.uk