Agile in the North East

Andrew Male

Mar 16, 2011, 5:52:25 PM3/16/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Hi,

I'm moving to Durham in April and would like to find out more about
web development and creative companies in the North East. I'm a
ScrumMaster at Nokia Music so I am also interested in knowing more
about the Agile community in the region.

What events and groups would you all recommend when I move?

I set up an Agile User Group in the South West and I wonder if
something similar is going on in the area or if there would be
interest in setting something up?

Cheers, Andy

Graham Morley

Mar 16, 2011, 6:48:35 PM3/16/11
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andrew

You could check out supermondays.org and thegeekestdrink.com as decent
events to meet the tech community. There's not an actual agile group
that I'm aware of, although Codeworks have been pushing a few agile
events lately.

If you wanted to chat any time feel free to drop by our place (Thap at
Boho One in Middlesbrough) we run a DSDM agile process. Would be cool
to compare notes.

Welcome to the area, look forward to seeing you around.

Graham

> --

-

Graham C. Morley
http://www.grahammorley.co.uk

Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes)

Mar 16, 2011, 7:22:28 PM3/16/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Hi Andrew,
if you develop on the .Net Platform you may be
interested in the group I co-founded - North East Bytes - http://www.nebytes.net
the details and registration for next months event will be published
in the morning.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew Westgarth
Co-Founder of North East Bytes - http://www.nebytes.net - http://twitter.com/nebytes

MVP for Internet Information Services (IIS) -
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Andrew.Westgarth

Blog: http://www.andrewwestgarth.co.uk/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/apwestgarth

Heather Peacock

Mar 17, 2011, 5:39:17 AM3/17/11
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

You could also get in touch with Fred Pernet at codeworks. He's doing
a lot around agile

Fred....@codeworks.net

Theres loads going on up here, so welcome!

Cheers

Heather

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011, Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes)

Andrew Male

Mar 17, 2011, 5:15:32 AM3/17/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Looks like I will have a full diary when I get there! Most events seem
to gravitate towards Newcastle. Are there any regular meets or events
happening in other areas?

Andy

On Mar 16, 11:22 pm, "Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes)"
<m...@hawaythelads.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>                if you develop on the .Net Platform you may be
> interested in the group I co-founded - North East Bytes -http://www.nebytes.net
> the details and registration for next months event will be published
> in the morning.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew
>
> Andrew Westgarth
> Co-Founder of North East Bytes -http://www.nebytes.net-http://twitter.com/nebytes
>
> MVP for Internet Information Services (IIS) -https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Andrew.Westgarth

Fred Pernet

Mar 17, 2011, 8:18:50 AM3/17/11
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com, Graham Morley, Andrew Male, Daniel Cook
Hi guys

Please count me in! I would love to help on some kind of agile in the north east user group

Our new company www.proagile.co.uk is planning to run a number agile events to make us a hub of agile in the North

My vision and plans (dan is helping) is to develop the NE into 'the agile capital of the North' - it may take some time and effort but why not? ;-)

Would love to get together for a coffee and discuss - when is your next event?

Best wishes

Fred
Mar 17, 2011, 10:47:34 AM3/17/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Only thing in Durham that I know of is the once monthly Linux User
Group.

On Mar 17, 12:25 pm, Fred Pernet <Fred.Per...@codeworks.net> wrote:
> Thanks Heather
>
> Been in touch with Andrew - hoping for a coffee soon ;-)
>
> Fred

Andrew Male

Mar 17, 2011, 4:26:08 PM3/17/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Thanks again everyone. Sounds like an initial Agile group pub meeting
is in order. I should be unpacked and ready to go in the first week of
May so I will post back here again or get in touch directly closer to
the time.

Very encouraging to hear about the 'agile capital' ambition.
Hopefully I can contribute in some way.

Cheers, Andy

On Mar 17, 2:47 pm, Jonathan Smith <jonathan.newcas...@gmail.com>

Fred Pernet

Mar 17, 2011, 6:00:39 PM3/17/11
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
Thank Andy

What is your mobile number - would get great to have a brief chat if possible...

Regards

Fred
Apr 11, 2011, 3:11:17 PM4/11/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Hi Steve,

Great to hear. I'll be in the area from late April so I will post here
soon afterwards.

Cheers, Andy