Call for Speakers open for DDD North, Sunderland, UK - 8th October

Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes)

Jul 27, 2011, 7:58:25 AM7/27/11
to Refresh Newcastle
I’m very pleased to announce that Session Submission has opened for
DDD North, the first Developer! Developer! Developer! event to be held
in the North East!

DDD North will be held at the University of Sunderland on Saturday 8th
October 2011 – http://www.developerdeveloperdeveloper.com/north. We
are looking forward to hosting a fantastic free community led event
where you the community define the agenda. So what are you waiting
for, get your session submissions in now!!

Stay up to date with DDD North through the twitter account –
http://twitter.com/dddnorth and with the hashtag #DDDNorth.

Simon Oram

Jul 27, 2011, 10:54:50 AM7/27/11
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
Seems its a .net event

S.

Simon Oram
Lead Developer
Electrosoup

t:  07812757571

Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes)

Jul 27, 2011, 11:03:52 AM7/27/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Hi Simon,
it is and it isn't. Speakers submit sessions and the
community (i.e. attendees) will vote for the agenda, if you have
something you would like to propose go for it! :)

Cheers

Andrew

On 27 July, 15:54, Simon Oram <mr.jolly...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Seems its a .net event
>
> S.
>
> On 27 Jul 2011, at 12:58, Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes) wrote:
>

> > I’m very pleased to announce that Session Submission has opened for
> > DDD North, the first Developer! Developer! Developer! event to be held
> > in the North East!
>
> > DDD North will be held at the University of Sunderland on Saturday 8th
> > October 2011 –http://www.developerdeveloperdeveloper.com/north.  We
> > are looking forward to hosting a fantastic free community led event
> > where you the community define the agenda.  So what are you waiting
> > for, get your session submissions in now!!
>
> > Stay up to date with DDD North through the twitter account –
> >http://twitter.com/dddnorthand with the hashtag #DDDNorth.
>
> > --
>
> Simon Oram
> Lead Developer
> Electrosoup
>
> t:  07812757571
> e: mr.jolly...@gmail.com- Hide quoted text -

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 27, 2011, 11:05:17 AM7/27/11
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com
It does feel a bit MS related but I think that is because of who is
aware of it, and that is because of who is sponsoring. Because of that
though it will probably end up being so.

I like the idea of trying to take the best bits of Conferences and
BarCamps and create an event that people will enjoy and learn from,
and I love the fact it is at a realistic price to attend (free). The
current talk submissions are not really grabbing me and I don't know
if I will be there but it is good that it is happening in my opinion.

Alistair

Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes)

Jul 27, 2011, 11:21:08 AM7/27/11
to Refresh Newcastle
Hi Alistair,
yes it is MS related, it's a conference born out of
Steve Ballmer's famous Developers! Developers! Developers! rant :).

This conference format has been going since 2005 with the first ever
Developer! Developer! Developer! event running in Reading. It has now
grown into a massive event which is very, very popular nationally.
Because of it's national success - 400 places sold in less than ten
minutes for DDD9, the event has moved into additional regional events
- so far we have had DDD Scotland, DDD South West, DDD Ireland and now
DDD North and DDD Belfast.

After the relative success of NEBytes and the fact that Reading is a
600 mile round trip I was eager to bring the event to a location in
the North of England. If you'd like to get an insight to a DDD event
check out http://www.andrewwestgarth.co.uk/ddd/ddd.wmv

As I've said the agenda is purely determined by the community. Please
don't feel that you can't submit sessions on alternative topics they
might get voted in because people are interested in hearing about
alternative technologies - who knows - the community pick the agenda.

I hope that clears things up a little bit and as always this is an
alternative - for example PHPNW is not for me but DDD is :)

Cheers

Andy

On Jul 27, 4:05 pm, Alistair MacDonald <alistair.macdon...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> It does feel a bit MS related but I think that is because of who is
> aware of it, and that is because of who is sponsoring. Because of that
> though it will probably end up being so.
>
> I like the idea of trying to take the best bits of Conferences and
> BarCamps and create an event that people will enjoy and learn from,
> and I love the fact it is at a realistic price to attend (free). The
> current talk submissions are not really grabbing me and I don't know
> if I will be there but it is good that it is happening in my opinion.
>
>   Alistair
>
> On 27 July 2011 15:54, Simon Oram <mr.jolly...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Seems its a .net event
> > S.
> > On 27 Jul 2011, at 12:58, Andrew Westgarth (North East Bytes) wrote:
>
> > I’m very pleased to announce that Session Submission has opened for
> > DDD North, the first Developer! Developer! Developer! event to be held
> > in the North East!
>
> > DDD North will be held at the University of Sunderland on Saturday 8th
> > October 2011 –http://www.developerdeveloperdeveloper.com/north.  We
> > are looking forward to hosting a fantastic free community led event
> > where you the community define the agenda.  So what are you waiting
> > for, get your session submissions in now!!
>
> > Stay up to date with DDD North through the twitter account –
> >http://twitter.com/dddnorthand with the hashtag #DDDNorth.
>
> > --
>
> > Simon Oram
> > Lead Developer