StartEDIN

James Varga

Jul 28, 2014, 8:10:39 PM7/28/14
to refresh-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

As you probably know Edinburgh’s startup scene, especially in the areas of technology/biotech/etc, continues to grow and in recent years we have seen some great success stories as well as fantastic attention from the media both locally and nationally.

With the high demand in resources, space, skills and investment, it is now time to take this to the next level. Edinburgh needs to create a brand that as a community, or collective, we can all get behind so as to help promote what is simply a fantastic place to live and work. Edinburgh is uniquely positioned as one of the best startup destinations that includes a strong cultural background, lifestyle, fresh air and an open environment.

The Started in Edinburgh (StartEDIN) collective, formed by founding partners as a membership organisation, is focused on bringing awareness and promoting Edinburgh’s active and strong tech start-up ecosystem. It will also support and promote it’s members in their venture.  It is backed by a strong group of established as well as young companies and entrepreneurs with a primary focus of promoting and marketing the Edinburgh startup ecosystem.

This is not yet another networking group. We have a dynamic and very successful start-up ecosystem in Edinburgh with wonderful and varied creative, technical and entrepreneurial flair.  Our aim is to support this community and champion it further afield, as well as attract yet more great talent and resources to Edinburgh.

While still early days, we are looking to quickly extend our membership base as we gear up to launch in the main stream this autumn. This is something I'm personally supporting and would strongly encourage you to do the same.

The site is still pre-launch but will be available soon at www.startedin.co.uk

If you are interested and would like more information or to engage then please email the team at membe...@startedin.co.uk

Thank you for your time and support.

Regards,