[JOBS] 🎈Senior Django Backend Engineer for a Private Family Messenger

r...@kindaba.com

Oct 28, 2018, 3:24:39 PM10/28/18
to refresh-edinburgh
Kindaba is hiring a senior backend engineer to help us make the future of social possible. This is a role that depends on a broad set of skills, deep knowledge of how backend decisions affect millions of users, comfort in asking questions and learning, and flexibility. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with leadership of others and has excellent communication skills (through Zoom and Slack).

As an early team member in Kindaba, you'll have a say in key company-wide decisions and will help us shape the culture of the company.

Competitive salary, flexible working, benefits

What we expect from you
• Strong knowledge and comfort with Python/Django and back-end API best practices, Object-relational mappers, multi-process architecture, databases (PostgresSQL), and RESTful APIs
• Comfortable setting up Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines with GitLab/Jenkins, Kubernetes and Docker
• You love asking questions and getting to the bottom of issues
• You are confident leading technical architecture discussions and working in an agile environment
• You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, customer happiness, and other engineers is no problem for you.
• Experience with AWS/GCP infrastructure
• Proud of efficient code that maximises performance
• Understand the challenges of scaling
• Experience with testing APIs (unit, integration, end to end) to ensure quality

What you can expect from us
• We're a passionate, supportive team ready to make meaningful social impact around the world
• We believe exceptional work is about adopting a mindset of continuous learning, being comfortable with failure, openness and vulnerability. We practice radical candor and provide a supportive environment and encourage everyone to challenge assumptions. We have a no-blame culture where everyone’s ideas have merit
• We’re remote positive. We believe you’re best placed to understand how you work best, and we have resources available to help you work when and where you want. We find that +/- 4 hours from Edinburgh (UK standard time) works best
• We believe communication is vital for exceptional work. We have daily video standups, open calls, and 121s where you meet and build relationships with every member of the team. We have two all-company off-sites per year. These activities help us to build a strong and supportive workplace culture
• We believe that exceptional work is supported by personal and professional development and encourage the team to take advantage of coaching, training, and event opportunities as part of Kindaba
• We value flexibility and are willing and eager to make changes and provide adjustments to empower you to do your best work. From nontraditional work hours to working while travelling, to job-sharing, we are happy to be flexible to empower you to do your most exceptional work
• Benefits include access to coaching, 35 days of holiday, private health and travel insurance, working with a team who are passionate about making a global impact, ownership of your work and flexibility in ways of working