users sign in/sign up links on home page ?

fugee ohu

Jan 17, 2018, 5:54:00 AM1/17/18
to Refinery CMS
I notice users can be added through the interface What about letting users register/sign up themselves?

Philip Arndt

Jan 17, 2018, 7:04:29 PM1/17/18
to refine...@googlegroups.com
You are very welcome to add it for your own website, but this is not a feature that we would like to add to the system :) it should be a relatively easy form to put in though and you can likely copy most of the existing admin implementation and add a few security steps like activation and/or admin approval.

It's also worth noting that you probably don't want to give them the standard administration roles that users get added to them when added through the admin interface, depending on what you're trying to do..

fugee ohu

Jan 18, 2018, 12:38:46 AM1/18/18
to Refinery CMS

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 7:04:29 PM UTC-5, parndt wrote:
You are very welcome to add it for your own website, but this is not a feature that we would like to add to the system :) it should be a relatively easy form to put in though and you can likely copy most of the existing admin implementation and add a few security steps like activation and/or admin approval.

It's also worth noting that you probably don't want to give them the standard administration roles that users get added to them when added through the admin interface, depending on what you're trying to do..

Thanks

fugee ohu

Jan 18, 2018, 9:31:09 AM1/18/18
to Refinery CMS

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 7:04:29 PM UTC-5, parndt wrote:
You are very welcome to add it for your own website, but this is not a feature that we would like to add to the system :) it should be a relatively easy form to put in though and you can likely copy most of the existing admin implementation and add a few security steps like activation and/or admin approval.

It's also worth noting that you probably don't want to give them the standard administration roles that users get added to them when added through the admin interface, depending on what you're trying to do..

Can I use devise for Users ?

Scott Downie

Jan 18, 2018, 9:46:05 AM1/18/18
to Refinery CMS
You can use Devise!  I wrote an article a long time ago here: http://www.sdownie.com/articles/refinerycms-rails-3-2-into-your-existing-app and need to update it to work with the latest version of Refinery CMS but happy to help you iron out any issues you run into when going through the guide.