Managing Users Role Access

Ciprian Dunareanu

Oct 8, 2017, 8:23:52 AM10/8/17
to Refinery CMS
Hi all,

In my refinery app I've enabled role assignment for users by adding
config.superuser_can_assign_roles = true
to the Devise configuration.

My question is if there is any built-in GUI for managing roles (eg. adding new ones, besides refinery and superuser)?

Cheers.

Philip Arndt

Oct 11, 2017, 1:27:55 AM10/11/17
to refine...@googlegroups.com
No, roles have to be added in code before they'll show up in the admin interface. This is because without being specified in code they don't relate to anything.

Ciprian Dunareanu

Oct 11, 2017, 3:58:20 PM10/11/17
to refine...@googlegroups.com
That is true.
In fact, I guess roles could have been managed via config instead.

Anyways, here's how to create a new role by code:

Refinery::Authentication::Devise::Role.new(title: "My New Role").save