1 view

LouiseTV

May 24, 2005, 5:07:58 PM5/24/05
to referencem...@googlegroups.com
Podcasting Is Almost Mainstream
Is podcasting really starting to move as a serious business
communication tool, never mind it s entertainment appeal? Yet more
signs: andnbsp;1. iTunes to directly support podcasts...
http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/marketinginsider/wpn-50-20050523PodcastingIsAlmostMainstream.html
83 % des internautes prets a payer une redevance pour utiliser
librement les reseaux P2P
L Adami (Societe civile pour l administration des droits, des artistes
et des musiciens interpretes) a confie a Ipsos la realisation d un
sondage sur le telechargement et les echanges gratuits de...
http://www.atelier.fr/article.php?artid=29880&catid=19
[Netcraft-toolbar] Netcraft Toolbar for Firefox
We are pleased to announce the release of the Netcraft Toolbar for
Firefox. You can download it from:
http://toolbar.netcraft.com/install/
Note that you will be presented with a warning on the first attempt
to download the software. You may have to click the "Edit Options..."
button that appears at the top of the page and add the site
"toolbar.netcraft.com" to the list of allowed sites before you can
install the toolbar.
We welcome your feedback and comments.
too...@netcraft.com
netcraft...@netcraft.com
Introducing a New Web Search Contender
These days, web search is dominated by giants, and it s rare to see the
emergence of a new potentially world-class search engine. Meet Exalead,
a powerful search tool with features not offered by the major search
engines.
Exalead is a fairly new search engine from France, introduced in
October 2004 and still officially in beta.
http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/3507266
La telecollaboration facile
---------------------------
Le Carrefour education publie une chronique sur les programmes de
formation
du Quebec, du Canada et d ailleurs en vue de faciliter les projets de
telecollaboration.
http://carrefour-education.telequebec.qc.ca/actualite/chroniques.asp?affiche
=true&no=103
p...@ntic.org
nouvell...@liste.ntic.org
Google devient un portail
-------------------------
Disponible en anglais pour l instant, Google offre desormais en une
page
l acces au moteur de recherche, aux nouvelles de Wired, du New York
Times,
de Slashdot, de la meteo, ainsi qu au courriel Gmail. Le portail peut
bien
sûr etre personnalise.
http://www.google.com/ig
p...@ntic.org
nouvell...@liste.ntic.org
SYMPOSIUM PUBLIC DE L OMC: "L OMC DIX ANS PLUS TARD: PROBLeMES
MONDIAUX ET
SOLUTIONS MULTILATeRALES"
Les documents et exposes du recent Symposium public de l OMC "L OMC
dix
ans plus tard: Problemes mondiaux et solutions multilaterales" sont
maintenant disponibles sur le site web de l OMC. Le symposium de cette
annee a coïncide avec le dixieme anniversaire de l OMC. Les
representants
des gouvernements, des parlements, de la societe civile, des
entreprises,
des milieux universitaires et des medias qui ont participe a ce
symposium
ont ete invites a faire part de leurs analyses et de leurs reflexions
sur
ces dix dernieres annees et a discuter des defis futurs auxquels
l Organisation doit faire face.
>> Programme et exposes:
http://www.wto.org/french/news_f/events_f/symp05_f/symp_devagenda_prog_05_f.htm
(Cliquez sur les liens ou copiez-les sur votre navigateur. Autre
possibilite, vous pouvez aller a la page d accueil (http://www.wto.org)
et
suivre les liens.)
webm...@wto.org
The Decade in Online Advertising
The year 2004 marked the 10-year anniversary of web advertising. Since
DoubleClick has been around for nearly that entire history (the DART
system began serving ads in 1995, and DoubleClick incorporated in
January, 1996), we felt this was an appropriate opportunity to step
back and take a broad assessment of the industry: where it came from,
what it has accomplished and where we believe it is going. In April,
2005, DoubleClick released its seminal report, The Decade in Online
Advertising, 20-pages of research and observations authored by
DoubleClick s research director, Rick Bruner, in an attempt to rise
above the trees and see the whole forest of the industry we have worked
hard to help create.
http://www3.doubleclick.com/market/2005/06/dc/feature2.htm?sssdmh=dm6.89605&c=0506_smr&id_lead=newsletter&id_source=newsletter_0506
dclk_ma...@updates.doubleclick.com
CAN-SPAM Update
While CAN-SPAM directed the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") to
promulgate certain rules (for example, designating a label for adult
content emails and establishing the criteria for determining an email s
"primary purpose"), it also gave the FTC the authority to promulgate
"discretionary" rules to effectuate the purposes of the law. As part of
its discretionary rulemaking authority, the FTC, on May 12, published a
Federal Register notice seeking public comment on certain definitions
and substantive provisions it proposes. Go to article.
http://www3.doubleclick.com/market/2005/06/dc/news2.htm?sssdmh=dm6.89605&c=0506_smr&id_lead=newsletter&id_source=newsletter_0506
dclk_ma...@updates.doubleclick.com
Access for All
By Matt Bailey - Search Engine Guide - While Web accessibility seems to
be a polarizing issue, it is becoming one that will be inescapable as
the internet community progresses.
http://www.searchengineguide.com/bailey/004511.html
Log File Analysis and SEO
By Kalena Jordan - Search Engine Guide - There is specific data about
your web site that you should be looking at in your log files on a
regular basis. Several variables should be examined monthly or even
weekly to ensure your site design and page optimization is on the right
track.
http://www.searchengineguide.com/kalena/2005/0523_kj1.html
MSN announces satellite-mapping service
By Stefanie Olsen - News.com - Gates ...on Monday introduced MSN
Virtual Earth, a map service that lets visitors zoom in on a local area
and get information about restaurants, cafes, hotels, dry cleaners, and
so on. Gates said the service will be available this summer.
http://news.com.com/MSN+announces+satellite-mapping+service/2100-7345_3-5716973.html
http://google.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000100044309/
gRock Media Group Debuts BigClique.com Search Engine
Eric Ward - URLwire - To compete with established players like Google,
Yahoo, and MSN, BigClique debuts with an index of a several million web
sites, and a proprietary ranking algorithm that analyzes on-site and
off-site criteria including page text, tags, inbound links, and other
factors.
http://www.urlwire.com/news/052305.html
Next for BitTorrent: Search
By Kevin Poulsen - Wired - Whiz kid inventor Bram Cohen and a small
cadre of developers and entrepreneurs are in the final stage of
launching an advertising-supported search engine dedicated to
cataloging and indexing the thousands of movies, music tracks, software
programs and other files for download over Cohen s popular BitTorrent
protocol.
http://www.wired.com/news/ebiz/0,1272,67596,00.html
MSN Reveals Details of New Paid Search Algorithm
Did MSN let slip how they plan to calculate rankings for their new
adCenter paid search results? I ve posted coverage of a Q&A session,
held at today s Annual Catalog Conference, over at MarketerToday.com.
...This last comment is particularly important
http://www.searchenginelowdown.com/2005/05/msn-reveals-details-of-new-paid-search.html
Google More than a One-Hit Wonder
The Motley Fool explains why Google is more than the "one-hit wonder"
claimed by Microsoft s CEO, Steve Ballmer. ...rather than argue about
Ballmer s gutsy move in biting the hand that feeds his audience, let s
get into how hypocritically preposterous
http://www.searchenginelowdown.com/2005/05/google-more-than-one-hit-wonder.html
Google May Join S&P 500 Index
Bambi Francisco has details of how rumors of Google s imminent entry to
the S&P 500 are driving up the stock price.
http://www.searchenginelowdown.com/2005/05/google-may-join-sp-500-index.html
http://google.blognewschannel.com/index.php/archives/2005/05/23/is-google-ready-for-the-sp-500/
Take the Y!Q Challenge and Win Five Grand
Yahoo wants you to take the Y!Q challenge and enter to win $5,000. The
site that comes up with the most innovative use of Y!Q contextual
search, will win the prize.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/scp/viewer/index.php?client_id=5438&event_id=15272&bypass_reg=false
http://yq.search.yahoo.com/publisher/index.html
http://www.searchenginelowdown.com/2005/05/take-yq-challenge-and-win-five-grand.html
http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2005-05-23-html#n56
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050523-153057
Local Search Primed for Growth
All search is local. That twist on the famous political rule of thumb
soon will become reality for search, the fastest-growing online
marketing activity.
http://dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artprevbot.cgi?article_id=32883
Everything I Know About Search I Learned From My Desktop
MSN just announced the release of its desktop search from beta. That
puts MSN in the thick of the fight with Google, and ahead of Yahoo and
Ask Jeeves (the latter two whose desktop search products are still in
beta).
http://dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artprevbot.cgi?article_id=32879
Content Sells
When designing a Web site, people often overlook the vital role content
plays in the success of any Web site. Aside from the importance of
content in SEO, Web sites should never underestimate the power good
content holds with visitors.
http://dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artprevbot.cgi?article_id=32861
D oh!
The twin issues of fairness and bias in search engines has come to the
forefront this week with 2 threads. Homer s twitching eyes and nervous
hands should give you an idea of how the SEs might feel addressing
these sensitive issues.
The first, Defensive Tactics Used by the Search Engines at SEOChat
initially focuses on the types of penalty monitoring and instituting
systems the search engines use - everything from Google s sandbox to
spam reports to over-optimization penalties. As the thread progresses,
however, posters question the fairness of trustrank and wonder if
natural bias precludes a system like TrustRank from ever operating
successfully.
The second, Google News Unbiased When Blogs Left Out? at SEW, looks at
a recent study from Brad Hill on the subject of Google News fairness.
Posters argue over the interpretation of the data and whether Google
should be including or actively excluding extreme viewpoints on either
side, which typically are found in non-traditional news sources like
blogs.
These aren t issues that can be wrapped up quickly and will probably
continue to plague search for many years to come. Recongizing bias is,
however, the first step to overcoming it. When preference goes
un-noticed is when it can be the most damaging.
http://www.socengine.com/seo/blogdetail.php?ID=154
# The Blue Collar SEOs
Noteworthy this past weekend was Donna s post on the subject of Blue
Collar SEO. It s a fantastic short article on the different types of
SEO companies and individuals in the business and worthy of 5 minutes
of everyone s time.
At the current time, I too am mostly blue collar (with a white stripe
or two when I have to present at SES conferences). The majority of my
work is done in blue jeans and my days at the office don t start until
my morning reading and posting has been completed (often sans
pantalons).
As I find myself starting down a road that will lead to a collar color
change, I wonder if this is something that will make me happy over the
long run...
http://www.socengine.com/seo/blogdetail.php?ID=155
Y!Q and F'n Yahoos
Okay, you may have noticed those Y!Q contextual search tags on the post
pages here and on InsideMicrosoft. I was hoping to use Y!Q to let you
guys see other posts on Blog News Channel that relate to the one
you're reading. So far, while I'm mostly pleased with the results
on InsideGoogle, the InsideMicrosoft implementation is atrocious, with
lots of errors, despite the exact same code (literally, I copied and
pasted). So, I e-mailed Yahoo, which is so excited about Y!Q, it is
offering 5 grand to whomever designs the best implementation.
I hate autoresponders!
When a customer sends you a support request, an autoresponder says:
* We don't care
* We're not listening
* We might get back to you, eventually, or not
* We no longer have an obligation to get back to you, because this
covers all our bases
* Don't wait up
I would prefer waiting two weeks for a response, or even no response at
all, to an autoresponder. Autoresponders are worse than under-trained
call centers, it just shows a lack of effort.
And don't think I'm singling out Yahoo. Tons of companies make this
stupid, anti-helpful customer-dissatisfying feature all the time. Hey,
corporate eggheads: No one likes it!
So, thanks Yahoo, for your insightful response. My call is very
important to you? I had no idea! I realize I have a better chance
getting help by blogging about it than using your support link, so here
I go. If I don't hear back by Thursday, I'm giving up on your
product, which I had such high hopes for. Since Yahoo support isn't
listening, I have to hope Jeremy Zawodny is.
Yahoos.
http://google.blognewschannel.com/index.php/archives/2005/05/24/yq-and-fn-yahoos/
Vote for the Most Knowledgeable SEW Forum Member
There is now a thread at Search Engine Watch forums that is named Which
SEW Member is The most Knowledgeable. The thread has a poll asking you
to vote on "Which SEW Member is the most Knowledgeable?" I am not...
http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/001976.html
Google RSS Ads - Come & Look
No touching, but you can look. Loren Baker from Search Engine Journal
was actually able to see my Google RSS Ads after I was approved. He
only saw it once or twice but was able to take a screen capture...
http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/001975.html
Could a New Algorithm Increase Profits for Search Ad Providers?
Phys.org has posted a news release from Georgia Tech University in
Atlanta about a new computer algorithm, "that could further increase
profits for search engine advertising."...
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050523-184659
Try Alternate Searches
While searching Google for "SEO", I came across a "Try alternate
searches" link at the end of the page. (Note its layout is somewhat
broken in Firefox; it works in Internet Explorer.) Clicking on it will
reveal a page with sorted cluster search r ...
http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2005-05-23-html#n34
Le champ Hyperlien mis a jour
Le chapitre Champ Hyperlien du document Les langages des automates de
recherche a ete mis a jour. Le champ Hyperlien sert a trouver des pages
liees a une autre.
Deux prefixes de recherche sont utilises selon les automates de
recherche.
Le prefixe linkdomain: est utilise par la galaxie Yahoo! comprenant
AltaVista, AlltheWeb, HotBot France et Yahoo! Recherche.
Le prefixe link: est utilise par Gigablast, Google et MSN Recherche. Ce
prefixe est aussi disponible sur Altavista et AlltheWeb. Ni Ask Jeeves,
ni Exalead n exploitent ce champ.
Trois sites de recherche savent tirer profit du champ Hyperlien:
Gigablast, MSN Recherche et Yahoo! Recherche. Google porte le bonnet d
ane bien qu il soit le roi des analyses de liens.
Source:
http://www.dsi-info.ca/moteurs-de-recherche/2005/05/le-champ-hyperlien-mis-jour.html
http://www.secrets2moteurs.com/article1757.html
Nouveaux outils bases sur l API Yahoo
Web Rank Info est un site d information sur le referencement et pas
seulement sur Google. Les moteurs Yahoo et MSN Search ne sont en effet
pas a negliger... C est pourquoi de nouveaux outils sont en train d
etre developpes sur WRI : venez les tester ...
Source: http://www.webrankinfo.com/actualites/200505-outils-yahoo.htm
http://www.secrets2moteurs.com/article1756.html
Mouvements dans les moteurs de recherche
Seekport, Ask Jeeves, Quaero, Google
Mouvements dans les moteurs de recherche...
Alors que Google domine assez largement les statistiques d'audience
et de trafic et fait preuve d'une veritable boulimie en developpement
de nouveau projet, le marche des moteurs de recherche est en
perpetuelle ebullition et attire toujours de nouveaux entrants. Ask
Jeeves, le challenger de Google et Yahoo aux Etats-Unis, vient de
proceder au rachat d'Excite Europe et compte s'imposer sur le Vieux
Continent comme une alternative credible. Meme demarche pour
l'allemand Seekport qui poursuit ouverture ses filiales europeennes
et lance aujourd'hui la version finalisee de son moteur francais. A
noter aussi, l'initiative du projet francais-allemand Quaero qui se
destine a la « transcription, l'indexation et la traduction
automatiques de documents audiovisuels multilingues...
Source : http://www.itrmanager.com/article.php?oid=40096
http://www.secrets2moteurs.com/article1755.html
Colleges : le brevet informatique et internet
http://www.vie-publique.fr/actualite/alaune/colleges-brevet-informatique-internet.html
Delocalisation : dix orientations pour l'action publique
http://www.vie-publique.fr/actualite/alaune/delocalisation-dix-orientations-pour-action-publique.html
REFERENDUM ET CONSTITUTION EUROPENNE
- Le referendum du 29 mai 2005 sur le projet de Constitution
europeenne.
Presentation du referendum et des consequences institutionnelles
possibles. Suivi de la ratification dans l'ensemble des pays de
l'Union europeenne.
http://www.vie-publique.fr/actualite/dossier/referendum-europe-29-mai-2005/referendum-du-29-mai-2005-projet-constitution-europeenne.html

- Constitution europeenne : quel est son contenu ?
Presentation des differents enjeux du projet et des debats suscites.
http://www.vie-publique.fr/actualitevp/dossier/constitution_europeenne/constitution_europeenne.htm
- Administration
Consultation publique sur le service public des communications
electroniques
http://www.vie-publique.fr/forums/
L information : le premier outil strategique des decideurs et des
entreprises
i-expo 2005 au coeur de l'innovation !
i-expo est la vitrine des technologies numeriques dans le secteur de
l'information.
Un salon
Le seul salon dedie a l information professionnelle.
La vitrine des technologies numeriques dans le secteur de
l'information.
130 exposants, 6 villages,
20 presentations produits,
5 700 visiteurs en 2004.
Un congres
5 conferences plenieres et 8 ateliers pour :
Sensibiliser les decideurs francais a l importance strategique de l
information professionnelle,
Valoriser l expertise des professionnels de l information.
Informations pratiques
Sur 2 jours, les 1er et 2 juin 2005, i-expo se tiendra au CNIT - Paris
La Defense, lieu symbolique des nouvelles technologies de l information
et de la communication.
http://www.i-expo.net/conf_2005.php
Utilisation d Internet: Les entreprises chassent les abus
Selon le rapport Electronic Monitoring & Surveillance Survey 2005, plus
de la moitie des entreprises americaines (55%) surveilleraient le
courrier electronique de leurs employes. Selon l etude, 50%
examineraient les fichiers stockes sur leurs ordinateurs. Plus
etonnant, 36% des entreprises americaines compileraient les touches
frappees au clavier et le temps passe en ligne. Concernant la
repression, 26% des employeurs auraient deja congedie un travailleur
pour usage inapproprie d Internet et 25% declarent avoir mis a pied un
salarie pour utilisation inadequate du courrier electronique.
www.amanet.org
http://www.amanet.org/research/
Yahoo! Europe retient les solutions de TradeDoubler
Yahoo! Europe a choisi TradeDoubler, specialiste europeen des solutions
de marketing et de vente en ligne, pour la gestion de ses programmes d
affiliation, de ses campagnes marketing plus traditionnelles et de sa
solution d'ad-serving.
http://www.lesinfos.com/news42546.html
Edito : Music everywhere
Tandis que Thierry Breton avait consacre sa presidence a l image, avec
des services comme le MMS, la visiophonie ou encore la television par
ADSL, son successeur, Didier Lombard, devrait prochainement annoncer un
vaste projet baptise "Music Everywhere", destine a proposer une large
offre de musique a l ensemble de ses abonnes. Assumant son statut d
operateur "integre", France Telecom devrait ainsi proposer une offre
musicale pour PC (Wanadoo), pour telephones (Orange), pour televiseurs
(MaLigne) et peut-etre egalement pour le visiophone. En plus des
actuels kiosques de telechargement comme le Wanadoo Jukebox, l offre
devrait permettre theoriquement de telecharger et de s echanger des
fichiers musicaux, quel que soit le terminal utilise. A l heure où
Real, Napster ou Yahoo lancent des forfaits illimites pour l acces a la
musique, les operateurs semblent en tout cas bien comprendre que ce
type d activite pourrait egalement leur permettre d augmenter leurs
revenus tout en mettant un terme au piratage
http://www.neteconomie.com/perl/navig.pl/neteconomie/infos/article/20050519182631

Jean Paul CONAN - http://Referencement.LouiseTV.com
plus vite, plus souvent, plus complet, plus loin
http://forum.louisetv.com/
http://yahoo.louisetv.com/
http://google.louisetv.com/
http://bookmark.louisetv.com/