Mailserver progress and RS8.5

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 22, 2022, 2:18:25 PM2/22/22
to redsleeve-users
I have currently narrowed my investigation to

Postal
https://github.com/postalserver/postal

and James
https://james.apache.org/

James looks like a lot of work.  Postal looks interesting.  One
discussion thread:
https://github.com/postalserver/postal/discussions/1557

Seems to indicate that it may work.  Opinions?

I want to run this on my Odroid HC1.  Is there instructions for building
the 8.5 uboot sd (I think there is still one in there from Centos-7
work) and putting the file system all on the HD?

Would like to dust of the HC1 and see what I can get going...

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 22, 2022, 4:47:01 PM2/22/22
to redsleeve-users
And there is mailu
https://mailu.io/1.8/
with raspberry instructions that may work
https://mailu.io/1.8/rpi_build.html#rpi-build

But the whole thing about needing docker does bother me.

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 23, 2022, 8:46:02 AM2/23/22
to redsleeve-users
Scratch Postal:

>Its worth bearing in mind that Postal is not a traditional email
server with mailboxes and accounts, it is mostly >designed for sending
messages and by default deletes the message records it does have after a
period of time.