Just powered up my Odroid HC1

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 23, 2022, 12:14:25 AM2/23/22
to redsleeve-users
Took a bit to find the mSD card for booting.  Had to look through all
the ones sitting on my desk to find the one with an extlinux.conf that
looked right.  Hadn't booted it for 3 years!

I have /boot on the mSD card and the / partition on the HD.  I do this
with the following appended to extlinux.conf:

        append cpuidle.off=1 console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8
rd.driver.pre=ledtrig-heartbeat,xhci-plat-hcd no_bL_switcher ro
root=UUID=6320b215-a710-40d2-8e8b-a93f4733893d rhgb quiet LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Note the root= param.

the build on here is for

CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-generic-Minimal-419-v26-1810
(4.19.7-300.el7.armv7hl)

So now the challenge is to make an mSD for RS8.5 with the current? HC1
uboot (where to get?) and /boot with the needed change as above.

Then put the / partition on a HD and give it a go.

Points perhaps, please?

Jacco Ligthart

Feb 23, 2022, 2:58:35 PM2/23/22
to redslee...@googlegroups.com
the best/quickest pointer is this template:
https://github.com/redsleeve-linux/rbf/blob/master/templates/odroidxu4_redsleeve.xml

This is the template I use to make images for odroid XU4 (which is
identical to HC1

I believe that the difference between this template (which is still
RSEL7) and a template for RSEL8 is minor. probably only the paths to the
repo's.

Jacco

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 23, 2022, 3:21:07 PM2/23/22
to Jacco Ligthart, redslee...@googlegroups.com
Great!   I will work wiht it once Gordon gets the 8.5 build available.

I posted on the centos-arm list how an update to 7.9 stopped my
ethernet.  I won't bother to fix it with this available.

I hope to use the Odroid for my replacement mail server.  Only problem
is what to use for software.  I really don't want to build it myself
again, but I am not finding anything that is not docker based.  Or pay,
pay, pay.

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 23, 2022, 3:40:45 PM2/23/22
to Jacco Ligthart, redslee...@googlegroups.com

On 2/23/22 14:58, Jacco Ligthart wrote:
I am getting a 404 on that URL.  How should I retrieve this?  wget?

Jacco Ligthart

Feb 23, 2022, 4:59:11 PM2/23/22

On 2/23/22 21:40, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 2/23/22 14:58, Jacco Ligthart wrote:
>> the best/quickest pointer is this template:
>> https://github.com/redsleeve-linux/rbf/blob/master/templates/odroidxu4_redsleeve.xml
>>

> I am getting a 404 on that URL.  How should I retrieve this?  wget?

I just tried two different browsers, in all cases I got the template I
expected. No 404's here.

Jacco

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 23, 2022, 6:02:16 PM2/23/22
to Jacco Ligthart, redslee...@googlegroups.com
Worked this time.

thanks

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 23, 2022, 7:11:08 PM2/23/22
to Jacco Ligthart, redslee...@googlegroups.com
Sigh.

Jacco, this seems to assume the person doing the driving knows Github.
Though I have an account on it and share documents sometimes, I do not
know github.

If there is some set of commands to run on my F35 notebook which has an
SD port, please tell me.

I do have and rbf directory with files from back in 8/15 so someone once
gave some instructions, but they are long gone, and I suspect I am way
out of date on my rbf content.

My expectations is I will come out of this with a mSD that has uboot or
is it hardkernel stuff and /boot partition.

And a HD (via USB adapter) with swap and / partitions.

thanks