Mailserver on RS8.5?

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 22, 2022, 8:48:37 AM2/22/22
to redsleeve-users
As you may have noted from my postings on Centos-arm, I am looking at
updating my mailserver.  I am stilll looking for some box/nas that has
it all together for me, but I just came across the following:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/open-source/awesome-complete-open-source-mail-servers-solutions-for-linux-unix/

Will any of these work on RS?

I see Centos listed, but I have not found mention of arm support...

thanks

Gordan Bobic

Feb 22, 2022, 9:24:21 AM2/22/22
to Robert Moskowitz, redsleeve-users
It isn't clear how they are packaged. Unless it is all 100%
interpreter based, it will probably need to be at least recompiled /
repackaged.

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 22, 2022, 9:41:52 AM2/22/22
to Gordan Bobic, redsleeve-users
That was how I was seeing it.  That is NOT seeing how packaged.

Still looking for NAS options.

QNAP may be an option with the XEAMS mail server.  But need to learn
more about XEAMS.
Synology low-end (affordable arm) servers do not have enough umph for a
mail server.  Have to go up scale to their Intel Celeron units, so that
is out.
Asustor does not seem to have added DKIM support.  I don't have that
now, and it is hurting me.
Haven't come up with any other viable affordable NAS solutions that
include a mail server.

So back to looking at using my Cubieboards and what packaged mailserver
I can find.

Or focus on QNAP.  But there are warnings with all the hacking attacks
against QNAP on running them exposed.  My QNAP SMB server is behind 2
firewalls...

Sigh.

Robert Moskowitz

Feb 22, 2022, 10:06:52 AM2/22/22