RedSleeve 7.9 release

Jacco Ligthart

Nov 20, 2020, 5:54:44 PM11/20/20
to redslee...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I compiled most packages of RHEL 7.9 and decided that it is good enough
for release.

Most of the build was reasonably uneventful. I'm happy that 'strace' now
builds again, it was missing from 7.8. Apparently the CentOS guys made a
patch for building that on armv7.

Everything is already on the mirrors, I just changed the symlink and it
will show up as an update somewhere after midnight (UTC)

There is one package that has issues: webkitgtk4. It gives an compiler
error:
BUILDSTDERR:
/builddir/build/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.28.2/Source/WTF/wtf/MediaTime.cpp: In
static member function 'static WTF::MediaTime
WTF::MediaTime::createWithFloat(float)':
BUILDSTDERR:
/builddir/build/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.28.2/Source/WTF/wtf/MediaTime.cpp:87:61:
in constexpr expansion of 'value.WTF::MediaTime::MediaTime(0, 10000000,
((uint8_t)(1 | 32)))'
BUILDSTDERR:
/builddir/build/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.28.2/Source/WTF/wtf/MediaTime.cpp:87:61:
internal compiler error: in cxx_eval_constant_expression, at
cp/constexpr.c:4626
BUILDSTDERR:      MediaTime value(0, DefaultTimeScale, Valid | DoubleValue);

I have no idea yet if/how to fix this. I decided to leave this package
out of the release, together with 8 packages that depend on it. I hope
that any of you have an idea on how to build this package.

(I expect that this does not impact the majority of out users, I guess
most installs are without GUI)

Jacco

Gordan Bobic

Nov 23, 2020, 4:49:12 AM11/23/20