CentOS 8 released

Bjarne Saltbaek

Sep 26, 2019, 3:34:24 PM9/26/19
to redsleeve-users
Jacco/Gordan

Do you start building it or do you need help with the modules?

BR,
Bjarne

Gordan Bobic

Sep 26, 2019, 4:07:31 PM9/26/19
to redsleeve-users
I thought Jacco was working on el8, I haven't even touched it yet. I'm mostly focusing on ss7, and fighting build bugs that manifest when you build on an aarch64 machine.

Jacco Ligthart

Sep 26, 2019, 4:53:40 PM9/26/19
to redslee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bjarne,

Today I released 7.7. I've been busy with that and have not yet looked closely at 8.

I planned to look at 8 in the weekend/next week. If I'm not mistaken, the srpms are only released today and the PowerTools srpms not yet ...

My plan was to build BaseOS first, then the items not in streams/modules from AppStream/PowerTools while in the mean time figuring out if we could use our old tools (mock) and CentOS-es module.yaml files.

I know you have been busy prepping your kodi to be able to build modules.

What is your proposal?

Jacco