Existing non-generated file warning missing in redo-ifchange?

pechkin

Mar 20, 2020, 1:57:49 AM3/20/20
to redo
Shouldn't the output be the same in these two examples?

# all: redo void-rpi2.img
+pechkin ~/.../repos/packer-rpi % redo
redo  all
redo: void-rpi2.img: exists and not marked as generated; not redoing.

# all: redo-ifchange void-rpi2.img
+pechkin ~/.../repos/packer-rpi % redo
redo  all

I think the warning is useful, important even, in the second case (had me confused why it wasn't rebuilding it).

Thanks for making redo.  Fantastic software!

Prakhar Goel

Mar 20, 2020, 6:33:15 AM3/20/20
to pechkin, redo
If I had to guess: it looked at the all target and decided that it was up to date so no further processing was needed.

-- PG

pechkin