redo now available via 'pip install'

Avery Pennarun

Dec 31, 2018, 9:19:22 PM12/31/18
to redo
Hi all,

Someone suggested adding a setup.py to the redo source tree so that we can build an installable package for the python package manager.  I've made an experimental version of this today; let me know how it works!

To build a package suitable for python's pip tool (requires the latest master branch of redo):
        python setup.py sdist

To install a pre-built package I uploaded to pypi:
            pip install redo-tools

Unfortunately there was a already an unrelated pypi package called 'redo'.  Oh well.

Please try it out and see if it works on your system.  This may make it easier to install for some people.  So far I tested it in virtualenv on debian and it seems to work okay.

Have fun,

Avery

Norman Kabir

Jan 1, 2019, 7:03:42 AM1/1/19
to Avery Pennarun, redo
Wow! Thank you so much, Avery! I had planned to attempt an
implementation after the holidays but I have far more confidence in
your implementation.

Cheers,
--Norm

farid.m...@gmail.com

May 28, 2020, 1:32:16 AM5/28/20
to redo
The docs still recommend git clone ; pip (pipenv ) seems like the most simplest way to get started.