New Rust port and VSCode extension

Ross Light

Dec 4, 2021, 12:25:43 PM12/4/21
to redo...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks!

I've been working on a Rust port of Avery's redo implementation, and I've got it passing the test suite: https://github.com/zombiezen/redo-rs. My primary motivation was to have a version of redo that has feature parity with apenwarr/redo but doesn't require a Python interpreter. I imagine this implementation is faster, but I haven't run any benchmarks.

I also wrote a small VSCode extension which automatically detects redo scripts in your project and allows you to run them as tasks. This works for any compliant redo implementation, not just mine. https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=zombiezen.redo

Happy to answer any questions here or on the various GitHub repositories. Feel free to report any bugs you find on the issue trackers.

Cheers,

-Ross