Showing output interactively

Christophe-Marie Duquesne

Oct 29, 2020, 9:23:19 AM10/29/20
to redo

Hi,

I am finally trying redo! I decided to start with porting a very simple Makefile that I use to deploy my ansible home infrastructure. For now, I just have:

# all.do
ansible-playbook --check --diff site.yml

Now, when I run redo, it sure runs the command, but I can't see the output interactively, like I would do with make. Is there a way to prevent redo to capture the output and let it be printed on the standard output? I tried redo -x and redo -v, but none of them does the trick.

Cheers,
Christophe-Marie

Prakhar Goel

Oct 29, 2020, 9:24:52 AM10/29/20
to Christophe-Marie Duquesne, redo
Output to stderr I think.

-- PG

Christophe-Marie Duquesne

Oct 29, 2020, 9:26:38 AM10/29/20
to redo
So, this works

# all.do
ansible-playbook --check --diff site.yml >&2

However is it the right way?

Christophe-Marie Duquesne

Oct 29, 2020, 10:59:08 AM10/29/20
to redo
For people who find this via a search engine: After further investigation, yes, it is the right way. See https://redo.readthedocs.io/en/redo-0.33/FAQSemantics/#isnt-it-confusing-to-capture-stdout-by-default

Clémence lopez

Feb 25, 2021, 7:18:42 AM2/25/21
to redo

Hello, we are individuals and we offer loans to all serious and honest people able to repay us honestly. For your financial needs and further information on the loan, contact us at the following email: clemenc...@gmail.com
   you can also contact us WhatsApp: +33 7 52 14 47