Installing DMSF on windows Bitnami Redmine Stack 1.2.1

Anand Akmanchi

Dec 8, 2011, 12:05:04 PM12/8/11
to redmine-dmsf
Hi All,

Can anyone provide a step by step instruction to install this plugin
in Bitnami Redmine Stack 1.2.1 in Windows?
This can prove really useful to us.

We need help especially at the part where we want to enable full text
search capabilities. Is this possible on windows?

thanks
Anand

Evilcroco

Dec 8, 2011, 12:15:26 PM12/8/11
to redmine-dmsf
Hello,
No one has provided instructions how to install Xapian search engine
and make it running on Windows yet.

Vit

Anand Akmanchi

Dec 9, 2011, 3:27:31 AM12/9/11
to redmine-dmsf
Thanks Vit,

xapian search engine is a separate piece of software that should be
installed outside of bitnami redmine stack, am i right?

anand

Evilcroco

Dec 9, 2011, 3:43:45 AM12/9/11
to redmine-dmsf
Yep Xapian is separate software. It is easy to use on Linux but quite
tricky on Windows. But it is the simples to use full text indexing
stack from Ruby.

Vit

Anand Akmanchi

Dec 9, 2011, 8:56:33 AM12/9/11
to redmine-dmsf
Thanks Vit,

I just installed the plugin without full text capabilities and the
team already loves it!

how do i use the full text indexing stack from ruby? does this mean
that xapian is not mandatory?

Anand