Upgrade DMSF from 0.6 to current stable release - a few questions

Pauli Price

Sep 12, 2011, 12:51:24 PM9/12/11
to redmine-dmsf
First - Thank you so much for this wonderful plugin. And thanks to
your client for allowing it to be released open source.

I'm about to upgrade DMSF from 0.6 in my Chiliproject 1.3 install to
current stable. Ignore, for the moment that it's chiliproject,
because it should be immaterial - at least for the 1.3 release.

If I'm refreshing a staging sever with my production database, how do
I move dmsf files over to the staging server as well? (I'm not
entirely sure where they exist on the server once uploaded.)

I note from the change logs that there were several points in earlier
releases that required database changes. And once, it was suggested
that files should be re-uploaded for indexing.

1.) Should I be able to install the current stable release and run
rake db:migrate:plugins RAILS_ENV=production to bring my installation
current?

2.) If I'm not implementing indexing, is there any requirement to re-
upload previously uploaded files?

Pauli Price

Sep 12, 2011, 4:22:50 PM9/12/11
to redmine-dmsf
So - I found the files -- if I could get a response on these, I'd
appreciate it.

I note from the change logs that there were several points in earlier
releases that required database changes. And once, it was suggested
that files should be re-uploaded for indexing.

1.) Should I be able to install the current stable release and run
rake db:migrate:plugins RAILS_ENV=production to bring my installation
current?

2.) If I'm not implementing indexing, is there any requirement to re-
upload previously uploaded files?

I'll get back to this tomorrow, and if I don't have information to the
contrary, I'll just try it and see how it goes. But if I'd be wasting
my time because intermediate migrations are required to applied in
order, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Pauli

Evilcroco

Sep 13, 2011, 12:48:08 AM9/13/11
to redmine-dmsf
Hi there,
Sorry for later response, quite busy these days.

There should be no problem with upgrade just db:migrate:plugins and
should be ready to go.

There was a bug in earlier versions of DMSF that causes documents with
only initial revision to not be found via their content indexing
(Xapian). It was due to improper filename encoding. So documents with
only one initial revision have to be reuploaded for proper full text
searching if you upgrade from 0.6 to 1.1.

Regards

Vit