Installation issue

costantis

Oct 14, 2011, 8:43:00 AM10/14/11
to redmine-dmsf
Hi there! I'm having problems with the installation of the plugin on a
Redmine 1.2.0 on an Ubuntu 11.04 machine. I've tried installing both
versions 1.1.0 and 1.2.1 but they were both unsuccessful.

In specific, after proceeding with the usual installation steps
(copying the folder in the vendor/plugins directory and performing the
migration), I can see the plugin in the Redmine > Administrator >
Plugins list and can configure it from there. Next, I go to Project
Modules and enable it after having granted every right to everyone
(for testing purposes) and shows itself up as a tab in the project.
But when i click on the tab, i get the "Internal Error" page of
Redmine. What the log shows me is the following:

[GET] ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/plugin_assets/
redmine_dmsf/stylesheets/dmsf.css" with {:method=>:get}):
followed by another one:
[GET] Parameters: {"action"=>"show", "id"=>"test",
"controller"=>"dmsf"} NameError (uninitialized constant
DmsfController)

Anyone has an idea of what might be causing this?

Evilcroco

Oct 14, 2011, 9:10:22 AM10/14/11
to redmine-dmsf
Hi,
This is problem with your Redmine setup. You have to set write rights
for Ruby On Rails hosting application server to filesystem directory
<redmine_install>/public/plugin_assets.

Hope this helps ;-)

costantis

Oct 14, 2011, 9:42:02 AM10/14/11
to redmine-dmsf
Thanks for the prompt reply!
I've been working with Redmine so far without any problems (no
particular plugins set up, though) and the info I get from
Administration > Information is the following:

Redmine 1.2.0.stable (MySQL)
Default administrator account changed
Attachments directory writable
Plugin assets directory writable

All three of which have the green check mark next to them, which
should mean that the www-data user under which redmine runs has write
access to the relevant folders. If I'm not mistaken the plugin_assets
directory in Ubuntu is under /var/cache/redmine/default, where www-
data has write access to. By the way, I've followed the info at
http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/HowTo_Install_Redmine_in_Ubuntu
to install and configure my instance.

Am i missing something here?

Evilcroco

Oct 14, 2011, 9:55:57 AM10/14/11
to redmine-dmsf
Hmmm,
then only thing that comes into my mind is ... have you restarted
Redmine's hosting application server?

On Oct 14, 3:42 pm, costantis <costas.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply!
> I've been working with Redmine so far without any problems (no
> particular plugins set up, though) and the info I get from
> Administration > Information is the following:
>
> Redmine 1.2.0.stable (MySQL)
> Default administrator account changed
> Attachments directory writable
> Plugin assets directory writable
>
> All three of which have the green check mark next to them, which
> should mean that the www-data user under which redmine runs has write
> access to the relevant folders. If I'm not mistaken the plugin_assets
> directory in Ubuntu is under /var/cache/redmine/default, where www-
> data has write access to. By the way, I've followed the info athttp://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/HowTo_Install_Redmine_in...
> to install and configure my instance.
>
> Am i missing something here?

Evilcroco

Oct 14, 2011, 12:38:31 PM10/14/11
to redmine-dmsf
Then try to copy <dmsf plugin dir>/assets/ to <redmine dir>/public/
plugin_assets/redmine_dmsf/

Costas Polychronopoulos

Oct 17, 2011, 5:20:13 AM10/17/11
to vit....@gmail.com, redmine-dmsf
I've finally got it to work! I'm still checking if it's fully
functional, so you might be hearing from me in the future as well :)
but here's what did the job:
The first error message on "No route found" went away apparently after
following tip on:
http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/FAQ#I-get-this-error-message-with-a-Passenger-deployment-ActionControllerRoutingError-No-route-matches-indexhtml-with-methodget.

Next, I was still  getting the error on "uninitialized constant
DmsfController", which i found out it was due to the actual controller
file not being copied through in the <redmine
dir>/vendor/plugins/redmine_dmsf/app/controllers subdirectory. No idea
how this happened, so I decided to make a fresh download and
installation of the plugin.

While this solved the above issues, i was now getting an error message
similar to the one in
http://code.google.com/p/redmine-dmsf/issues/detail?id=119. It appears
that, because at some time an earlier version of the plugin worked
with some files uploaded to the database tables, it wasn't able any
more to locate them in the files storage directory. I cleaned up the
database tables related to dmsf and it finally worked!