Redis cluster slots missing when master goes down and slave becomes master

Sonal Kumar

Jul 15, 2024, 8:11:15 AM (4 days ago) Jul 15
to Redis DB
Hi Team,

I have a redis setup with 3 master nodes in my redis cluster.

I was testing for redis master-slave setup.
so I created a new node and added it to existing cluster and made it a slave of one of the masters.
so now I have 3 masters and 1 slave.
It looks something like this

redis-cluster.jpg

Now to test redis cluster failover, I shutdown the 6379 node
so now its slave 6382 should become master.

6382 became master but in this cluster some nodes showed status as fail while some nodes as ok
also 6379 node has released slots in some node while in some it shows its disconnected but still holding on slots.
For ex:
port 6382
redis-cluster-1.jpg

while port 6380
cluser-6380.png

I am unable to identify why not all nodes are able to sync the same status
and why is cluster failing.

Can someone help me identify the issue which I am missing.

Regards,
Sonal