Question about "ERR Notification script seems non existing or non executable"

Samit Pal

May 17, 2021, 9:16:19 AM5/17/21
to Redis DB
Hello,
I'm using sentinel with redis version 6.2.3. I'm trying to add a notification script in sentinel using the following command but get an error (ERR Notification script seems non existing or non executable).

# notification script contents
vagrant@master:~/redis$ cat /opt/redis-sentinel/no.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo "hello"

# executable bit is set on the script
vagrant@master:~/redis$ ls -al /opt/redis-sentinel/no.sh
-rwxrwxr-x 1 vagrant vagrant 23 May  5 05:18 /opt/redis-sentinel/no.sh

# error
127.0.0.1:26379> sentinel set mymaster notification-script /opt/redis-sentinel/no.sh
(error) ERR Notification script seems non existing or non executable

Any idea?