Redis for Version 7.0.6, Sentinel docker coming up only when you apply "sentinel resolve-hostnames yes" setting in Sentinel.conf

Prabhat Dubey

Dec 27, 2022, 10:34:34 AM12/27/22
to Redis DB
Hello Experts,
we do have some questions about the 7.0.6 version of Redis. before starting about this i want to give you some background on what we are doing at present. we are currently running with the 5.0.5 version of Redis and we are about to upgrade Redis to 7.0.6 with the same properties which we do have with 5.0.5 so that we can keep first them very nearby to eachother.
When we have provided our sentinel.conf as stated below, sentinel docker never comes up.
==========conf file=============
# Host and port we will listen for requests on
port stub_redis_sentinel_port
logfile "/data/redis-sentinel/logs/redis-sentinel.log"
dir /tmp
protected-mode no

sentinel monitor mymaster stub_redis_sentinel_master stub_redis_master_sentinel_port 2
sentinel down-after-milliseconds mymaster 10000
sentinel parallel-syncs mymaster  1
sentinel failover-timeout mymaster 30000

sentinel parallel-syncs mymaster 1

sentinel config-epoch mymaster 0

sentinel leader-epoch mymaster 2

sentinel rename-command mymaster CONFIG aSBsb3ZlIHlvdQ2

=====================================end of conf file===========
Then we encountered the below setting after reading the link:
So we have appended it with the below config and it worked
##### Resolve Hostname####
sentinel resolve-hostnames yes

Now Question is:
 As the older version runs on IP addresses and from 6.2 onwards optional support of hostname is provided which is disabled by default. Then Why do we have to provide " sentinel resolve-hostnames yes" as a setting to make our container working condition? or i missed something?
Please suggest or let me know if you require further information.

Ankit Gupta

Jan 11, 2023, 1:52:28 AM1/11/23
to Redis DB
Facing similar issue.

Hello Experts,

Can you please share any information on this?