Redis replacing "ë" with a capital c "C" in redis database

Tarek Zemmouri

Aug 3, 2022, 10:54:08 AM8/3/22
to Redis DB
Hello,

So we have a client that is named "javel calvëro" and redis replaced the "ë" with a capital "C".
So wondering what's the redis encoding for those caracters and how can we prevent such an events.

http://www.biopooltech.com

CES AWARDS Substainable & Eco-design 2019
GREENTECH Chalenge de Paris 2019
BEST STARTUP Piscina & Wellness de Barcelone 2019
SOLARIMPULSE Member of World Alliance Efficient Solutions 2020
GREENTECH VERTE Solution 2020

Itamar Haber

Aug 3, 2022, 11:04:12 AM8/3/22
to Redis DB
Hello Tarek,

Redis doesn't encode the data - this is done (if at all) by the Redis client/application. Which Redis client are you using in your application?

Cheers,
Itamar