Redis master slave replication

Aditya Mishra

Apr 15, 2023, 9:31:54 AM4/15/23
to Redis DB
I have redis master slaves architecture running with both slaves are writeable whenever i am  entering a  key in master it is replicating  instantly in the slaves and i can get that key from slaves  but when i am writng the key in a writeable slave it is not replicating to the master when i ask for that key in master and in second slave it is giving me null. so what can be the problem and what can be the solution to it ?

Ankit Gupta

Apr 15, 2023, 12:23:30 PM4/15/23
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

What is the exact use case to have your slaves writable ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Gupta

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 7:01 PM Aditya Mishra
<mishraad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have redis master slaves architecture running with both slaves are writeable whenever i am entering a key in master it is replicating instantly in the slaves and i can get that key from slaves but when i am writng the key in a writeable slave it is not replicating to the master when i ask for that key in master and in second slave it is giving me null. so what can be the problem and what can be the solution to it ?

Greg Andrews

Apr 16, 2023, 7:44:54 AM4/16/23
to Redis DB
The FOSS (Free Open Source Software) Redis does not have multiple masters.  Writes replicate from the single master to the (one or more) slaves.  Writes do not replicate in the reverse direction from slaves to master.

With the FOSS Redis, the solution is for writes that you want to be propagated to all the Redis instances in the group, your clients should write them to the master.  If there are writes that can stay with a particular slave and not propagate to the other instances in the group, your clients can write to the slave.