Why Redis doesn't support TTL at field level of a Hash

Kushagra Bindal

Aug 22, 2021, 5:00:14 PM8/22/21
to Redis DB
Hi,

We are setting expiration of hash keys at key level. But we have observed that it is not getting expired. Is there any defect or limitation around the same or any way by which we can achieve the same.

Regards
Kushagra
Message has been deleted

Kushagra Bindal

Sep 1, 2021, 12:49:09 AM9/1/21
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Raju for helping out.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 9:15 PM Raju Yadav <raju....@gmail.com> wrote:
For redis hashes its key expires, not its member.
I guess this is a  feature request and it has been refused by the redis community  because of memory overhead.

i hope that helps.

Yours faithfully
Raju Yadav

Regards,
Kushagra

Jeffery

Sep 2, 2021, 2:51:08 AM9/2/21
to Redis DB
There is a redis module can set TTL and version for hash field.
The module's name is TairHash.