Redis Connector to Trino

Anastasis Aglogallos

Feb 27, 2023, 5:56:20 PM2/27/23
to Redis DB
The code provided by the trino documentation to be used in the trino/etc/catalog is the code below: Inside the redis.connector write : connector.name=redis redis.table-names=schema1.table1,schema1.table2 redis.nodes=host:portMy question is : What is the schema1.table1 in redis ? I added data through the cli and since Redis is No-sql I think there is no table structure or schema.Is it possible to determine where my data is stored ? Or what is their structure ?

When I used the redis-cli info command
I got the following for my Keyspace:

#Keyspace
dbo:key=3, expires=0, avg_tt1=0

Greg Andrews

Feb 28, 2023, 8:32:56 PM2/28/23
to Redis DB

When I look up the Trino documentation on-line, I find the page describing the Redis connector here:  https://trino.io/docs/current/connector/redis.html

After the first paragraph, it says:

    Each Redis key/value pair is presented as a single row in Trino. Rows can be broken down into cells by using table definition files.

    Currently, only Redis key of string and zset types are supported, only Redis value of string and hash types are supported.

Farther down the page the table definition files and other configuration parameters (of the Trino connector, not of Redis) are described.  I think the information you need is there in the documentation page, it's just spread out among multiple config parameters.

I haven't used an application like Trino before, so I can't give you any more specific pointers on what Redis info to put into these config parameters.

Anastasis Aglogallos

Mar 2, 2023, 12:51:08 PM3/2/23
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply,

You are right the solution was indeed on the documentation page and I couldn't understand it.
The solution is the following :
Set the

redis.hide-internal-columns = false

So for the connector you need the following code

connector.name=redis redis.table-
names=schema1.table1,schema1.table2
redis.nodes=host:port //default port is 6379
redis.hide-internal-columns = false