Size of dump.rdb has increased multifold with redis 7.0.5

Ankit Gupta

Nov 21, 2022, 6:33:01 AM11/21/22
to Redis DB
Hello Team,

We are testing redis 7.0.5 and observed that size of dump file for master slave full sync has increased multi-fold. For 21 gb of data in redis dump of 19 gb is getting generated.

However this was not the case with Redis 5.0.5.

Is there any configuration that needs to be optimized to fix this.

note:
We are already using rdb-compression true

Thanks
Ankit

Ankit Gupta

Nov 21, 2022, 6:35:12 AM11/21/22
to Redis DB
Due to the increase in memory consumption of dump we see below error in redis.log

Write error saving DB on disk(rdbSaveRio): No space left on device