Redis Upgrade

Ankit Gupta

Jul 27, 2022, 3:45:00 AM7/27/22
to Redis DB
Hi Experts ,

We are on redis 5.0.5 (Sentinel Based architecture) and are planning to upgrade version 7.0.4. Can you please point us to a good step step process for upgrading the versions.

Thanks
Ankit

Ankit Gupta

Jul 28, 2022, 2:33:13 AM7/28/22
to redi...@googlegroups.com
We are on redis 5.0.5 presently. We are planning to upgrade our
version to latest stable version of redis; but have below queries

Which redis version would you recommend us to upgrade to ?
Can we upgrade to this recommended version directly (i.e. without
intermediate updates) ?
Are there any known issues with this recommended version ?
Is the recommend version backward compatible with 5.0.5 ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Gupta
+91 965 427 1456

Vijaya Nadgir

Jan 25, 2023, 7:26:01 AM1/25/23
to Redis DB
I think recommended version now is 7.0.8. How are you planning to handle rollback? redis 7 to 5 data migration) is not straightforward and i do not see any native way of doing it.